Every month, NPR Music teams up with public radio DJs from across the country to bring listeners Heavy Rotation, a free sampler of songs that “public radio can’t stop playing.” But this month is different – it is Public Radio Music Month, after all.
To celebrate, Heavy Rotation is upping its game with a 10 song download, rather than the usual five. The sampler includes new music from Telekinesis, N.O.R.E., Samantha Crain, Phosphorescent, Devendra Banhart, Charles Bradley, and more.
Download the special Public Radio Music Month sampler here.
Meet the public radio masterminds behind this month’s sampler (from NPR Music):
- Larry Groce, host of NPR’s Mountain Stage, which is produced by West Virginia Public Broadcasting
- Rita Houston, the program director at WFUV in the Bronx
- Bruce Warren, the program director at WXPN in Philadelphia and one of the guys behind NPR’s World Cafe
- David Brown, the host of Texas Music Matters at Austin’s KUTX
- Mary Lucia, one of the drivetime voices of Minnesota Public Radio‘s The Current
- John Richards, the host of KEXP‘s ever popular Morning Show
- Chris Campbell, host of WDET‘s beat-centric The Progressive Underground
- Kim Ruehl, a frequent contributor to WKSU‘s FolkAlley.com
- John Schaefer, host of Soundcheck, WNYC‘s music talk show
- Frannie Kelley and Ali Shaheed Muhammad, hosts of NPR Music’s hip-hop channel, Microphone Check